Hair growth is a natural process, but there are ways to promote faster hair growth. Here are a few tips for making your hair grow faster:
- Eat a balanced diet: Hair growth relies on a healthy diet that includes protein, iron, and other essential vitamins and minerals. Eating foods rich in these nutrients can help promote faster hair growth.
- Scalp care: A healthy scalp is the foundation for healthy hair growth. Keeping your scalp clean and free of buildup can help promote faster hair growth. Scalp massage can also help improve blood circulation, which can encourage hair growth. At Reverie, we also recommend using a micro needling tool with a vitamin spray on your scalp for better results. (Kevin.Murphy Body.Mass)
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling tools can damage your hair and slow down hair growth. If you must use heat styling tools, use a heat protectant spray (Kevin.Murphy Shimmer.Shine) and keep the heat setting on low.
- Limit chemical treatments: Chemicals can damage your hair and slow down hair growth. If you must use chemical treatments, use them sparingly and make sure to use a deep conditioner (Kevin.Murphy Masque) afterwards to help repair the damage. At Reverie, we discuss the importance of long-term hair care, meaning no chemical process will be done without considering the long term goals, health, and impact to the hair. We don’t “just give you highlights” and call it a day.
- Get regular trims: Regular trims can help prevent split ends, which can slow down hair growth. A simple quarter inch every 6-8 weeks is perfect for healthy hair.
- Be gentle with your hair: Be gentle when washing and brushing your hair to avoid pulling and damaging your hair. At Reverie, we recommend using a 100% boar bristle brush at least twice a day to distribute the scalps natural oils and help the shedding process. If you really want to see some results, add Kevin.Murphy Young again Oil at night or Dry.Conditioner during the day, to really bring life to those ends.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep plays an important role in overall health, including hair health. Getting enough sleep can help promote faster hair growth.
- Reduce stress: Stress can cause hair loss and slow down hair growth. Reduce stress through exercise, yoga, or other stress-relieving activities.
- Use natural hair growth remedies: There are some natural remedies that may help promote hair growth, such as using castor oil or rosemary oil with a micro needler can be very helpful (patch test for sensitivities first). DO NOT use coconut oil. The molecule of coconut oil is too large to penetrate the skin, it lays on top and doesn’t allow moisture to penetrate the barrier, thus eventually causing dehydration.
- Reading this blog and have other questions about your hair health or recommended Kevin.Murphy products? Shoot me (Shelby) an email (found on our contact page).
It’s important to remember that hair growth happens at its own pace, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution for faster hair growth. However, by following these tips and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, you can help promote faster hair growth and healthy, beautiful hair.